Pre-Health Career Coaches help inform and empower UW students and alumni to identify a health career path and prepare to apply to health professional schools. See below for the various ways we can support you. View this flyer to see how both academic advising and pre-health career coaching can be useful to your short and long term academic and career plans.
- Prehealth.uw.edu is a collaboration to streamline content geared towards (prospective, incoming, current) students interested in pre-health at UW.
- This site is co-managed by UAA Advising and the Career & Internship Center.
Resources, Services & Developing Clinical Experience
- Workshops, Application Labs & Small Group Coaching: Spring 2019
- Schedule and links for RSVP’s via our workshop & events calendar
- Opportunities: summer programs, fellowships, career panels, internships & more in UW Pre-Health News and Events
- Quick Videos:
- Volunteering & Shadowing: list of local hospitals & clinics. and advice for pre-med students about Physician Shadowing.
- Email: Questions via email are welcome about resources, services or your options: email@example.com
- Seminars: Winter 2019: Applying to Health Professional School & Fall 2018: Pre-Health 101 – Introduction to Careers in the Health Professions
- Pre-Health Career Coaching: 30 min scheduled appointments (phone, online or in-person in the Career & Internship Center @ 134 Mary Gates Hall) are available for UW-Seattle students and UW-Seattle alumni. These appointments can help you in making informed decisions about professional health graduate programs (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, PT/OT, PA, Vet, etc.) plus receive support with your application, gap year(s) and overall action plan. Schedule your appointment in Handshake.
- Pre-Health Drop Ins (Spring 2019)
- Allopathic Medical Schools: AMCAS
- Osteopathic Medical Schools: AACOMAS
- Dentistry Schools: AADSAS
- Physician Assistant Schools: CASPA
- Pharmacy Schools: PharmCAS
- Optometry Schools: OPTOMCAS
- Physical Therapy Schools: PTCAS
- Occupational Therapy Schools: OTCAS