Pre-Health Career Coaches help inform and empower UW students and alumni to identify a health career path and prepare to apply to health professional schools. See below for the various ways we can support you.
See how both academic advising and pre-health career coaching can be useful to your short and long term academic and career plans below:
UW Pre-Health Portal
Prehealth.uw.edu is a collaboration to streamline content geared towards (prospective, incoming, current) students interested in pre-health at UW. We encourage students to visit this website first in exploring, preparing, and learning more about applying to health professional programs.
This site is co-managed by UAA Advising and the Career & Internship Center.
Pre-Health Career Coaching: 30 min scheduled appointments (phone, online or in-person in the Career & Internship Center @ 134 Mary Gates Hall) are available for UW-Seattle students and UW-Seattle alumni. These appointments can help you in making informed decisions about professional health graduate programs (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, PT/OT, PA, Vet, etc.) plus receive support with your application, gap year(s) and overall action plan. Schedule your appointment in Handshake.
Drop Ins- First come first serve. Please sign in at the C&IC front desk for a 15 minute drop-in. Drop in schedule for Fall 2019 (TBD)
Workshops, Application Labs & Small Group Coaching- Spring 2019. Schedule and links for RSVP’s via our workshop & events calendar
Opportunities- Summer programs, fellowships, career panels, internships & more in UW Pre-Health News and Events
Seminars- Here are some sample syllabuses from the past academic year
- Fall 2018: Pre-Health 101 – Introduction to Careers in the Health Professions
- Winter & Spring 2019: Applying to Health Professional School
Developing Clinical Experience
- Volunteering & Shadowing: list of local hospitals & clinics
- Advice for pre-med students about Physician Shadowing from UW School of Medicine
- Northwest Health Career Path (a site and map search tool) to find other opportunities in the PNW area
- Getting Great Clinical Exposure
- Pre-Health Course & Major Planning
- Connecting Pre-Health Coursework to Co-Curricular Activities
- Writing about your Clinical Exposure
- Writing about your Research Experience
- Email: Questions via email are welcome about resources, services or your options: email@example.com
- Allopathic Medical Schools: AMCAS
- Osteopathic Medical Schools: AACOMAS
- Dentistry Schools: AADSAS
- Physician Assistant Schools: CASPA
- Pharmacy Schools: PharmCAS
- Optometry Schools: OPTOMCAS
- Physical Therapy Schools: PTCAS
- Occupational Therapy Schools: OTCAS