Interviewing soon? In need of workplace attire for an internship or job? Visit the Career & Internship Center (C&IC) to help us kick-off our new permanent Career Closet, stocked with free, gently-used, workplace attire.
Grand Opening Event:
When: Wednesday, February 9th and Thursday, February 10th from 12pm – 4pm (by appointment only)
Where: Career & Internship Center, 134, Mary Gates Hall
Schedule an appointment to be among the first to shop our Career Closet and to attend our Grand-Opening event using the instructions listed below.
Who is this for?:
Current UW Seattle undergraduate and graduate students
How it Works
- Students can select one complete outfit (clothing items plus accessories)
- C&IC staff will be onsite to answer questions and help with wardrobe selection
- Clothing will be arranged on tables and racks by item type and size
- Changing rooms will be available
- Bring a bag or backpack to carry your selected items
About the Items
- Gently-used clothing items have been donated by UW staff, alumni, and employer partners
- We cannot guarantee that clothing has been washed or dry-cleaned prior to donation, or that small imperfections don’t exist
- The C&IC has intentionally procured a variety of items in a wide range of sizes and styles (while supplies last)
- Items include: Blazers, sweaters, blouses, shirts, dress pants, dresses, skirts, ties, belts, shoes, bags, and more
To schedule a shopping appointment during the Grand Opening, log in to Handshake
- Once logged in, click on the ‘Career Center’ menu option at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Appointments” tile or blue “Schedule Appointment” button.
- When choosing the Appointment Type, choose “Husky Career Closet – Grand Opening” as an appointment type.
- Select an available time slot on either Wednesday, February 9th or Thursday, February 10th
- Please note, you will only be able to schedule one upcoming appointment at a time (regardless of the appointment type).
Can’t attend and shop during the Grand-Opening? No problem! Our office will continue to stock the closet with free, gently-used, work-place attire and you can drop-in during normal Husky Career Closet operating hours, starting Friday, February 11th.
Normal Operating Hours:
Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 3:30pm by drop-in. Please note, during normal operating hours, we will allow only one person to shop the closet at a time so a wait-time may exist.