Interviewing soon? In need of workplace attire for an internship or job? Visit the Career & Internship Center (C&IC) to visit our new permanent Career Closet, stocked with free, gently-used, workplace attire.
- Students can select one complete outfit (clothing items plus accessories)
- C&IC staff will be onsite to answer questions and help with wardrobe selection
- Changing room space will be available
- Bring a bag or backpack to carry your selected items
- Available to current UW Seattle undergraduate and graduate students
- Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 3:30pm by drop-in. (Please check the alert bar on our front page for any schedule changes.)
- Please note, during normal operating hours, we will allow only one person to shop the closet at a time so a wait-time may exist
About the Items:
- Gently-used clothing items have been donated by UW staff, alumni, and employer partners
- We cannot guarantee that clothing has been washed or dry-cleaned prior to donation, or that small imperfections don’t exist
- The C&IC has intentionally procured a variety of items in a wide range of sizes and styles (while supplies last)
- Items include: Blazers, sweaters, blouses, shirts, dress pants, dresses, skirts, ties, belts, shoes, bags, and more
- View our Style Guide for ideas on how to select items.
Want to Contribute to the Husky Career Closet?
Click Here to Submit a Monetary Donation to the Husky Career Closet. Monetary donations are greatly appreciated because they help us purchase specific items, styles, and sizes to ensure we’re meeting the needs of our shoppers. We shop at discount retailers such as Goodwill, Ross, & Target.
We also accept donations of gently-used professional clothing. Here are a few insights to help you make the greatest impact.
- We always need men’s clothing, shoes, belts, and ties.
- Our most needed sizes are 0-6, XS, Small, 30, and 32.
- Students want items that align with current trends for young adults.
- Most need items that are slightly dressier and more modest than what they might have in their home closets.
- Overly formal or dressy items do not attract much interest (presumably since the PNW is fairly casual).
If your items align with what students are seeking, we welcome your donations between 9:00 and 5:00 Monday through Friday in room 134 of Mary Gates Hall on the UW-Seattle campus. We encourage you to check our website for any closures or adjusted hours prior to visiting, or you can call (206) 543-0535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm our hours on a given day.
If you have other items or sizes, we kindly request that you consider donating to an option such as Dress for Success, Seattle Children’s Bargain Boutiques, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Value Village, St Vincent de Paul, etc. Though we sincerely appreciate you thinking of Huskies first, we don’t have the staffing or space to accommodate donations that may not work for our students.