Brian Bartley served as an Environmental and Natural Resources Management Volunteer in West Africa. During his service Brian partnered with the Government of the Gambia to determine coastal zone monitoring best practices and facilitate access to potable water in over 100 villages. He is currently pursuing a Master’s in Public Policy and Administration at the University of Washington Evans School of Public Policy and Governance.
Peace Corps @ UW- Winter Quarter 2021
- The Peace Corps is still actively accepting applications, despite their temporary halt on volunteer deployment due to Covid-19.
- Virtual Peace Corps Office Hours: Office Hours are held Tuesdays from 1-2pm (with the exception of February 2nd) and Thursdays from 1-3pm Pacific Time. Click here to access the zoom meeting room. Registered UW.EDU Zoom account required.
- All other inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
The Peace Corps is a service opportunity for motivated changemakers to immerse themselves in a community abroad, working side by side with local leaders to tackle the most pressing challenges of our generation.
The Peace Corps Mission:
To promote world peace and friendship by fulfilling three goals:
- To help the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained Volunteers
- To help promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served
- To help promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans
Resources, info, apply online and more:
- Is the Peace Corps right for me?
- Join the ranks of Peace Corps Volunteer 3,100 alumni
- How the UW became #1 for Peace Corps volunteers(June 2015)
Did you know?
- Peace Corps pays for all volunteer expenses including travel to and from your country of service, housing, a stipend for food and incidentals, and comprehensive medical care. Each Volunteer also accrues a readjustment allowance during each month of service and currently $10,000 is awarded to each Volunteer upon completion of their service.
- For the first time in the history of the Peace Corps, applicants can now choose where they serve and what project they will be serving in. Browse specific Volunteer Openingshere, or apply to serve where you are needed most.