The Peace Corps is a service opportunity for motivated changemakers to immerse themselves in a community abroad, working side by side with local leaders to tackle the most pressing challenges of our generation.
The Peace Corps Mission:
To promote world peace and friendship by fulfilling three goals:
- To help the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained Volunteers
- To help promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served
- To help promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans
Resources, info, apply online and more:
- Is the Peace Corps right for me?
- Peace Corps @ UW- Winter Quarter 2020 drop-ins (beginning Monday, January 6th)
- UW Peace Corps Recruiter Claire Mocha is available for drop-ins on Mondays beginning 1/6/20 from noon – 2pm.
- Claire served in Guatemala as a Health Volunteer through the Peace Corps.
- UW among Peace Corps top volunteer-producing colleges & universities (February 2017)
- UW produces the most Peace Corps volunteers for 2nd consecutive year (February 2016)
- How the UW became #1 for Peace Corps volunteers (June 2015)
Did you know?
- Peace Corps pays for all volunteer expenses including travel to and from your country of service, housing, a stipend for food and incidentals, and comprehensive medical care. Each Volunteer also accrues a readjustment allowance during each month of service and currently a total of $9,450 accrues is awarded to each Volunteer upon completion of their service.
- For the first time in the history of the Peace Corps, applicants can now choose where they serve and what project they will be serving in. Browse specific Volunteer Openings here, or apply to serve where you are needed most.