Resources and services are available to address the career development and job search needs of UW alumni.
DIY Career Resources:
- Our DIY resource pages are full of brief instructional videos, recorded webinars, handouts, and worksheets to support you 24/7. Categories include Find Purpose, Build Skills, Get Experience, Build Relationships, Tell Your Story, and Find Success. Most are available to all alumni.
- Our interest community pages contain videos, blog posts, job postings, guides, and more. Communities include Arts/Media/Marketing, Consulting/Business, Health/Life Science, Law/Government/Policy, Non-Profit/Social Justice/Education, Sustainability/Conservation/Energy, Tech/Data/Gaming, and Still Deciding.
All UW alumni are invited to use our free online job system (Handshake).
- Alumni who graduated during or after the 2017-2018 academic year should login to their Handshake accounts with their UWNetID credentials
- Alumni (UW Seattle/Bothell) who graduated prior to the 2017-2018 academic year should request an alumni account by completing and submitting the Alumni Free Handshake Access webform.
- UW Tacoma Alumni should contact UW Tacoma Career Development & Education for access to the UW Tacoma Handshake platform.
Webinars & Events:
- Most of our webinars and events are open to alumni.
General Career Coaching Appointments:
- UW-Seattle alumni who have received a degree in the past two years (24 months) are considered ‘recent graduates’ and are eligible to schedule appointments with career coaches in the Career & Internship Center for no fee.
- UW-Seattle alumni beyond 2 years of degree completion are not eligible for 1:1 assistance in our center and are encouraged to see the list of Seattle-area and Washington State service providers and resources at the bottom of this page
- UW Bothell alumni seeking one-on-one career counseling service should seek assistance with UW Bothell Career Services.
- UW Tacoma alumni seeking one-on-one career counseling service should seek assistance with UW Tacoma Career Development.
Share Your Career Journey with UW Students:
Help students conceptualize their career path by sharing your own. Students often think there’s only one pathway to a career. By sharing your story you help demystify life after graduation.
- Share your career journey and we’ll highlight your story for students interested in your sector / industry
- Learn more about the Huskies @ Work job shadow program facilitated by the UW Alumni Association
Career Resources, Service-Providers, Information and Networking:
- UW Professional & Continuing Education: Career Change & Advancement
- UW Professional & Continuing Education: Hot Jobs & Career Trends
- UW Alumni Association
- UW Employment
- Washington Career Development Association
- Seattle Counselors Association
- Center for Dependable Strengths
- Seattle Networking Guide
- Seattle Recruiters and Employment Agencies