Resources and services are available to address the career development and job search needs of UW alumni.
DIY Career Resources:
- Our DIY resource pages are full of brief instructional videos, recorded webinars, handouts, and worksheets to support you 24/7. Categories include Find Purpose, Build Skills, Get Experience, Build Relationships, Tell Your Story, and Find Success. Most are available to all alumni.
- Our interest community pages contain videos, blog posts, job postings, guides, and more. Communities include Arts/Media/Marketing, Consulting/Business, Health/Life Science, Law/Government/Policy, Non-Profit/Social Justice/Education, Sustainability/Conservation/Energy, Tech/Data/Gaming, and Still Deciding.
All UW alumni are invited to use our free online job system (Handshake).
- Your Handshake account remains active after you graduate. You may continue to log in using your NetID credentials. If you are an alumnus and would like to update the email address associated with your Handshake account, please email your request to email@example.com.
- If you have never had a Handshake account, you may request an alumni account by completing and submitting the Alumni Free Handshake Access webform.
- UW Tacoma Alumni should contact UW Tacoma Career Development & Education for access to the UW Tacoma Handshake platform.
Webinars & Events:
- Most of our webinars and events are open to alumni.
General Career Coaching Appointments:
- UW-Seattle alumni who have received a degree in the past three years (36 months) are considered ‘recent graduates’ and are eligible to schedule appointments with career coaches in the Career & Internship Center for no fee.
- UW-Seattle alumni beyond 3 years of degree completion are not eligible for 1:1 assistance in our center and are encouraged to see the list of Seattle-area and Washington State service providers and resources at the bottom of this page
- UW Bothell alumni seeking one-on-one career counseling service should seek assistance with UW Bothell Career Services.
- UW Tacoma alumni seeking one-on-one career counseling service should seek assistance with UW Tacoma Career Development.
Share Your Career Journey with UW Students:
Help students conceptualize their career path by sharing your own. Students often think there’s only one pathway to a career. By sharing your story you help demystify life after graduation.
- Share your career journey and we’ll highlight your story for students interested in your sector / industry
- Learn more about the Huskies @ Work job shadow program facilitated by the UW Alumni Association
Career Resources, Service-Providers, Information and Networking:
- UW Professional & Continuing Education: Career Change & Advancement
- UW Professional & Continuing Education: Hot Jobs & Career Trends
- UW Alumni Association
- UW Employment
- Washington Career Development Association
- Seattle Counselors Association
- Center for Dependable Strengths
- Seattle Networking Guide
- Seattle Recruiters and Employment Agencies