On behalf of the Career & Internship Center, we would like to thank you for your continued engagement with our services and staff. We understand that not all job searches require the same amount of time and effort for all people, and our coaches are happy to work with students multiple times during and after their time enrolled as a student here.
During high traffic times of the quarter, our coaches may have limited availability to meet with an individual student more than a couple of times; this ensures that our office is accessible to all students. Thank you for your understanding. Beyond appointments, we encourage students to check out our DIY resources, workshops, career fairs, and other campus events.
Career Coaching Appointments
Career coaching appointments are available to current, degree-seeking undergraduate & graduate students at UW-Seattle and recent graduates from UW-Seattle who have received a degree in the past three years (36 months).
Do you have general or specific career questions? Are you feeling stuck? Appointments are conversations where you and a coach discuss what’s on your mind. Common topics include:
- choosing a career/major
- career exploration
- networking tips
- resume/cover letter review
- job & internship search strategies
- mock interviews
- applying to graduate/professional school (this includes personal statement reviews)
To schedule an appointment, log in to Handshake
- Once logged in, click on the ‘Career Center’ menu option at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Appointments” tile or blue “Schedule Appointment” button.
- When choosing the Appointment Type, choose the main topic that you wish to discuss.
- Remember to choose your preferred appointment medium when scheduling.
- You will only be able to schedule one upcoming appointment at a time (regardless of the appointment type).
Pre-Health/Pre-Law Career Coaching Appointments
Students who are seeking assistance with either learning about the fields of health/law or applying to a professional program are welcome to schedule an appointment with us. Our career coaches can help you in making informed decisions about graduate programs, plus they can provide support with your application, gap year(s), and overall action plan. These appointments are available to current, degree-seeking undergraduate & graduate students at UW-Seattle and recent graduates from UW-Seattle who have received a degree in the past three years (36 months). When scheduling an appointment, please choose the main topic that you wish to discuss as the time of the appointment (see common topics above).
Our commitment to students
Career & Internship Center career coaches engage in conversations with students based on principles of 1) listening and affirming; 2) educationally addressing prejudicial words and actions, and 3) continuing to further their education around queerness. We aim to create a safe space for students of all backgrounds, identities, and statuses!
Other UW Career Resources
If you are a student affiliated (“in”) any of these majors/departments/campuses, please see below for excellent services and career support you are eligible for and encouraged to access. UW Bothell and UW Tacoma students and alumni should seek one-on-one assistance from UW Bothell Career Services and UW Tacoma Career Development.
- Career Center @ Engineering
- Foster School Career Services: Undergraduate and Specialty Master’s Students
- iSchool Career Services
- Jackson School Office of Career Development
- College of Arts & Sciences: C21/College to Career Initiatives
- Public Health (BA/BS) Major
- Evans School Career Development
- School of Law Career Services
- Foster School: MBA Career Management
- UW Bothell Career Center
- UW Tacoma Career Development & Education
- UW Tacoma Milgard Success Center