Working on campus is convenient, flexible, and a great way to meet people. Gain experience while exploring career options, developing career-ready skills and building your resume.
What is on-campus student employment?
- Student employment roles are paid, on-campus jobs intended to be held by current UW students.
- As a matter of UW policy, on-campus student employment roles are for a maximum of 19.5 hours per week during the academic year, with options for more hours during breaks. Learn more about official UW policy on student employment.
- Student employment opportunities exist in many different departments, schools, colleges and buildings across campus.
What are some potential benefits of an on-campus student job?
- Gain professional experience right here on campus.
- Grow and expand your UW networks and communities.
- The maximum weekly number of hours can help ensure that you have time to devote to coursework and other elements of your Husky Experience.
How do I find an on-campus job?
What if I have a Work Study Award as part of my federal or state financial aid package?
How do I prepare materials for an on-campus job application?
- The exact application process may vary from role to role, but you’ll generally need a tailored resume and cover letter.
- We have a variety of resources to help you develop those materials and strategize about your job search.
What if I have questions about student employment?
- Consult official UW policy on student employment for logistical or eligibility questions
- Schedule an appointment to consult with one of our career coaches about strategy and materials
- Utilize LiveWell’s Student Employee Resiliency Group or schedule an appointment with a Peer Wellness Coach to discuss effectively managing student employment, schoolwork, life, and other priorities all at once.
Please note: this page and the content contained within it is intended to refer to general on-campus student employment opportunities, and not graduate-level Assistantships (TA, RA or Assistant Opportunities). Information about Graduate Staff Assistantships can be accessed here.