The Career & Internship Center Employer and Community Connections team is pleased to bring UW students and alumni a variety of opportunities to connect directly with employers – whether here on campus or virtually, we love connecting Huskies with employers eager to hire them!
In addition to the resources highlighted below, review our web page for ideas and opportunities to engage with employers virtually – while campus channels are a great way to connect with employers, there are also many other ways to identify options and connect with employers!
- Handshake: Thousands of jobs & internships posted annually – local, national and even international – as well as the opportunity to ask questions of recruiters, read internship reviews, RSVP to events and activities and much more.
- InfoSessions: Meet employers online through virtual InfoSessions – new sessions being submitted to Handshake every day!
- Career Fairs: Whether 25 employers or 130, career fairs are a great way to create connections and get face-time with recruiters. Hosted October – June, career fairs (also termed job & internship fairs) can be a great addition to your search strategy. This academic year, all career fairs will be hosted virtually. Tips on how to thrive in a virtual career fair environment can be found here.
- Alumni panels: Wondering what to do with your major? How to break into an industry? We host quarterly panels on rotating topics like these, bringing in alumni and professional panelists to share wisdom and experiences with current students.
- Industry Mentorship: Small-group mentorship just for UW students, hosted at employer sites during an academic quarter. Get invaluable insights into work life, career development and professional decision-making from working professionals.
- Virtual Backgrounds: Looking for a UW-themed background image as you prepare for your next virtual interview or video meeting with a potential employer? We’ve curated a selection of virtual background options from around the UW for you to choose from.
Questions? Contact email@example.com. Hope to see you at an employer event soon!