Industry Mentorship Programs are a great way for students to learn about an industry and explore professional development topics through small group mentoring (4-6 students per mentor). Through experiences both in the classroom and with a mentor, participants will gain insight and guidance about a particular industry, explore topics related to professional preparation, networking and feedback, and reflect on how their experiences and interests can translate to a career the field.
- Students will be enrolled in a 1 credit (CR/NC) GenSt course:
Week 1: Preparatory session to learn what to expect at your mentor meetings, and meet with group to plan topics and questions for your mentor
Weeks 2-9: Mentor meetings
Week 10: Wrap-Up networking event with all mentors and students in the program
- Mentor meetings will take place virtually
- Undergraduate student at UW Seattle
- Must have completed 3 quarters at UW or transferred to UW with the equivalent credits
- Must be available during the designated quarter on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 3:30-7:00pm
Application for the Autumn 2021 Non-Tech Roles in Tech Mentorship will open in May 2021.