The Professional Association for Design
AIGA brings design to the world, and the world to designers.
As the profession’s oldest and largest professional membership organization for design—with more than 70 chapters and more than 25,000 members—we advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force. From content that defines the global practice to events that connect and catalyze, we work to enhance the value and deepen the impact of design across all disciplines on business, society, and our collective future.
As the largest community of design advocates and practitioners, we:
- advocate for a greater understanding of the value of design and designers in government, business, and media.
- enhance professional development through enriching learning opportunities at all levels.
- inspire designers and the public by sharing the most exciting design work and engaging in thoughtful, provocative discussion on pressing issues.
- host a robust calendar of events as well as programming and initiatives to serve a wide range of special interest groups.
- define global standards and ethical practices.
- make powerful tools and resources accessible to all.