At the UW, “pre-law” is not a major, minor or series of courses. Law school requires no prerequisite courses nor do law schools prefer any particular majors. Pre-law refers to anyone who is considering going to law school after they complete their undergraduate degree.
At the UW Career and Internship Center, Pre-Law Career Coaching can help students and alumni:
- Determine whether law school is the best fit for one’s professional goals
- Learn about law school and the different areas of legal practice
- Help with the application process
- Determine an action plan
- Explore the different jobs and careers in the field
- Subscribe to the UW Pre-Law listserv to receive announcements on Pre-Law events, resources, and information
30 min appointments are available for UW students and alumni. Schedule your Pre-Law Career Coaching appointment in Handshake. Appointments take place in the Career & Internship Center (134 Mary Gates Hall), by phone or online by request. Please note that alumni who are more than two years post-graduation must call the Career & Internship Center for scheduling support: 206.543.0535.
Explore, Prepare, & Apply to Law School:
EXPLORE– Academic & Professional Prep
PREPARE– Application Prep & Getting Experience
APPLY– Applying to Law School
- Additional Resources
- Application Tips
- Careers/Jobs in Law
- Diversity in Law School
- Financing Law School
- Why Law? Is Law School the Right Path for me?
- LSAT Preparation & Tips
- Researching Law Schools
- Snackable Videos
- LSAC UGPA/LSAT Search Tool
- LSAC Quiz- Which Field of Law is Right for You?
- AccessLex- Pre-Law Resources
- LSJ Internship Sites
- The Wilson-Stern Book of Law School Lists 2017-2018 Edition
- UW Personal & Diversity Statement Document
- Yale Law School Entering Class Profile Statistics for the Class of 2020
- Pre-Law Guide
- Applying to Law School Timeline
- Gaining Experience as a Pre-Law Student
- Tips for Writing your Personal Statement
- Gap Year(s) and Law School
In partnership with UW Pre-Law fraternity Phi Alpha Delta (PAD), we welcome Seattle UW undergrads and alumni to join us for an event where pre-law students will get the chance to hear from panels of law school admission deans, local attorneys, and attend an mini law school fair. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
To view more information, RSVP, and agenda of the event, please click here
Autumn 2019 Pre-Law Calendar & Programming
- To sign up for workshops, small group coaching, and law school panels, please sign up in Handshake
- Note: Room Change for UW, UCI UC Berekley, Texas, and USC Panel, William H. Gates Hall Law School Room 133 and, NYU will no longer be coming
- RSVP for Husky Pre-Law Day will be available by mid-October
UPDATE ABOUT 2019 LSAT