At the UW, “pre-law” is not a major, minor or series of courses. Law school requires no prerequisite courses nor do law schools prefer any particular majors. Pre-law refers to anyone who is considering going to law school after they complete their undergraduate degree.
At the UW Career and Internship Center, Pre-Law Career Coaching can help students and alumni:
- Determine whether law school is the best fit for one’s professional goals
- Learn about law school and the different areas of legal practice
- Help with the application process
- Determine an action plan
- Explore the different jobs and careers in the field
- UW Pre-Law Guide
- Subscribe to the UW Pre-Law listserv to receive announcements on Pre-Law events, resources, and information
30 min appointments are available for UW students and alumni. Schedule your Pre-Law Career Coaching appointment in Handshake
Appointments take place in the Career & Internship Center (134 Mary Gates Hall), by phone or online by request
King County Bar Association LSAT Preparation Grant Program. Applications due January 31st, 2019.
UPDATE ABOUT 2019 LSAT