At the UW, “pre-law” is not a major, minor or series of courses. Law school requires no prerequisite courses nor do law schools prefer any particular majors. Pre-law refers to anyone who is considering going to law school after they complete their undergraduate degree.
At the UW Career and Internship Center, Pre-Law Career Coaching can help students and alumni:
- Determine whether law school is the best fit for one’s professional goals
- Learn about law school and the different areas of legal practice
- Help with the application process
- Determine an action plan
- Explore the different jobs and careers in the field
- Subscribe to the UW Pre-Law listserv to receive announcements on Pre-Law events, resources, and information
30 min appointments are available for UW students and alumni. Schedule your Pre-Law Career Coaching appointment in Handshake. Appointments can be done in-person at the Career & Internship Center, over the phone or virtually through Zoom. Note your appointment preference Under “Appointment Medium” when creating your appointment. Please note that alumni who are more than two years post-graduation must call the Career & Internship Center for scheduling support: 206.543.0535.
Explore, Prepare, & Apply to Law School:
EXPLORE– Academic & Professional Prep
PREPARE– Application Prep & Getting Experience
APPLY– Applying to Law School
- Additional Resources
- Application Tips
- Careers/Jobs in Law
- Diversity in Law School
- Financing Law School & Scholarships
- Why Law? Is Law School the Right Path for me?
- LSAT Preparation & Tips
- Researching Law Schools
- Snackable Videos
- LSAC UGPA/LSAT Search Tool
- LSAC Quiz- Which Field of Law is Right for You?
- AccessLex- Pre-Law Resources
- LSJ Internship Sites
- The Wilson-Stern Book of Law School Lists 2017-2018 Edition
- UW Personal & Diversity Statement Document
- Pre-Law Guide
- Applying to Law School Timeline
- Gaining Experience as a Pre-Law Student
- Tips for Writing your Personal Statement
- Gap Year(s) and Law School
The UW Instructional Center (IC) offers a LSAT prep course. This year, they will be offering it again and for now, it will be done virtually. Please see information below:
Right now, the IC is working on getting the registration form ready as well as figuring out an online payment method. I will send a follow up email when these things are set up. For now, please keep this on your radar if you are interested and if you have any questions, please feel free to email me email@example.com or Stuart Anderson (LSAT Prep instructor) firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
SPRING QUARTER VIRTUAL PRE-LAW WORKSHOPS
Fore Pre-Law Virtual Workshops and Events: https://careers.uw.edu/events/student/?ctag%5B%5D=pre-law
- LSAT Prep Workshop, Monday 4/13, 1:30-2:30PM
- This hour-long workshop will include guest speaker Stuart Anderson from the UW Instructional Center who teaches a summer LSAT prep course at UW and will go over the LSAT more in depth.
- LSAT Prep Workshop, Thursday 4/23, 12:30-1:00PM
- Letters of Recommendation for Law School, Thursday 5/07, 12:30-1:00PM
Please RSVP through Handshake!
PRE-LAW 101 Seminar (GEN ST 297) offered Spring 2020
The seminar is now full. Please sign up for Notify.UW to get notified of a spot opening.