Discover where a career in Patent Law at Kilpatrick Townsend could take you!
For students interested in pursing a career in patent law, Kilpatrick Townsend is here to help you throughout the entire journey. From comprehensive training to our law school tuition reimbursement program, we provide the support while you define your career path.
Our virtual program allows students to take the first step in their journey, by experiencing what it’s like to work as a patent engineer in our Intellectual Property department. You’ll also hear from a variety of Kilpatrick Townsend’s patent professionals – from patent engineer to partner, you’ll learn about how and why they chose patent law as their career.
We invite you to explore the modules and their content, and complete the assigned tasks if you’re looking for some first-hand experience. By completing these assignments, you will no doubt gain new skills that will help you succeed as a patent engineer, and help jumpstart your career in patent law.
Last but not least, our goal is to help you explore patent law as a possible career path, and determine whether or not it’s the right fit for you. We encourage anyone who thinks they might be interested to check out the program – there’s something for everyone!
This program is:
• Open access and free for any college student
• No application required and can be accessed online from anywhere in the world
• Self-paced with no deadlines – takes 6 to 8 hours to complete
• No prior legal knowledge or work experience is required to participate in this course, and your work will not be used for assessment purposes.
This program is self-paced. It takes approximately 7-8 hours to complete.
Patent Consultation for a Client that has a Software Application Invention
Providing advice to a client on the patent process and patent strategy on his software application invention.
- Patent Process and Strategy
Drafting a Provisional Application for a Software Application Invention
Reviewing an Invention Disclosure for a Software Application and Drafting a Provisional Application on the Software Application
- Provisional Patent Application Components
- Drafting the Provisional Patent Application
Preparing a Response to an Office Action for a Software Application Invention
Reviewing an Office Action for a Software Application and Preparing a Response to the Software Application
- Types of Rejections in an Office Action
- Responding to an Office Action
Patentability Search and Opinion for a Software Application Invention
Conducting a Patentability Search and Providing a Patentability Opinion for a Software
- Patentability Search Process
- Drafting a Patentability Option
Drafting a Written Description for a Vacuum Cleaner
Reviewing an Invention Disclosure for a Vacuum Cleaner and Drafting a Written Description for a Vacuum Cleaner Application
- Written Description Requirements
- Drafting a Written Description for Patent Application
Drafting Claims for a Vacuum Cleaner
Reviewing an Invention Disclosure for a Vacuum Cleaner and Drafting Claims for a Vacuum Cleaner Application
- Claims Requirements
- Drafting Claims for a Patent Application
- Kilpatrick Townsend