Information Sessions (“InfoSessions”) are informal events that give you an opportunity to share information about your company while networking with UW students and alumni.
- Hosted in our lobby space, which can accommodate 75+ people
- Evening sessions are available on Mondays to Thursdays from 5:30-7:30pm
Should my company hold an Information Session?
InfoSessions aren’t the best recruiting option for everyone. We have found that InfoSessions are typically most successful (high student turnout) in the following circumstances:
- Companies within engineering and technical fields, and/or
- Companies with a recognizable brand
If your organization doesn’t fall into one of these categories, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t have a successful InfoSession. It will just take some additional work from your recruiting team to generate student interest in the session. Our Employer Relations team is always happy to discuss strategies for increasing visibility on campus. Visit our Visibility page or contact us to learn more about your options and determine if an InfoSession is right for your organization.
Fees for InfoSessions
- Evening (5:30-7:30pm): $200 for Business/Industry and $100 for Government or Non-Profit Agencies
- A full refund will be provided for cancellations or rescheduled dates made more than 30 days in advance
- A 50% refund will be provided for cancellations or rescheduled dates made 14-29 days in advance
- Refunds will not be provided for cancellations or rescheduled dates made less than 14 days in advance
Requesting an InfoSession
Login to Handshake and click “Create an Event” on the homepage. Complete the form with the following information:
- Host School: University of Washington
- Career Center: UW Seattle Career & Internship Center
- Type: InfoSession
- Start and End Date: InfoSessions are available in our office on Mondays to Thursdays from 5:30-7:30pm. Please request an InfoSession within that timeframe. If you’d like to request a different time, or another type of event, please contact us at email@example.com and we are happy to refer you to alternate space on campus.
- Complete the remainder of the form and submit your request