Host an InfoSession
Information Sessions (“InfoSessions”) are informal events that give you an opportunity to share information about your company while networking with UW students and alumni.
- Hosted in our lobby space, which can accommodate around 45 attendees.
- Sessions are available on select weekdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm.
Should my company hold an Information Session?
InfoSessions aren’t the best recruiting option for everyone. We have found that InfoSessions are typically most successful (high student turnout) in the following circumstances:
- Companies within engineering and technical fields, and/or
- Companies with a recognizable brand
If your organization doesn’t fall into one of these categories, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t have a successful InfoSession. It will just take some additional work from your recruiting team to generate student interest in the session. Our Employer Connections team is always happy to discuss strategies for increasing visibility on campus. Visit our Recruit at UW page or contact us to learn more about your options and determine if an InfoSession is right for your organization.
Fees for InfoSessions
- Non-profit and government institutions qualify for a reduced rate of $100
- A full refund will be provided for cancellations or rescheduled dates made more than 30 days in advance
- A 50% refund will be provided for cancellations or rescheduled dates made 14-29 days in advance
- Refunds will not be provided for cancellations or rescheduled dates made less than 14 days in advance
Requesting an InfoSession
Login to Handshake and click “Create an Event” on the homepage. Complete the form with the following information:
- Where is your event being held?: On-campus
- Which school is hosting?: University of Washington – Seattle/Bothell
- Which career center is hosting?: UW Seattle Career & Internship Center
- Complete the remainder of the form and submit your request.
Virtual InfoSessions: Connect with students online to maintain brand presence on campus, share hiring needs and connect in groups or 1:1 with interested candidates.
- Handshake can be utilized as normal
- Rather than selecting “On-Campus” as the format, select “Virtually”. Select “University of Washington, Seattle/Bothell” in the field “Invite a school to promote your event.”
- Description should include what student population the virtual event is geared toward, or what positions/functions will be discussed.
- Virtual event requests will be reviewed and approved by our center, but beyond that, you are free to manage the event however you like.
- Virtual event ideas
- Host a virtual InfoSession to discuss opportunities and provide time for Q&A
- Host a webinar to support student development of soft or technical skills
- Host a virtual company tour
- Host virtual group coffee chats
- Virtual platforms to use
- You are welcome to use your preferred system to host the event
- As a helpful note, all UW students have access to Zoom, Skype, and Google Hangouts with their UW email addresses.