All Spring 2021 recruiting activities will be virtual. While that means that traditional on-campus recruiting options won’t be available, there are many great ways to engage with UW candidates virtually. View answers to frequently asked questions about Spring 2021 here, and check out our page dedicated to services and opportunities to recruit and connect virtually during Spring 2021 – we’re committed to helping you connect with UW talent, even when we can’t invite you to come visit us on campus! Please contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual InfoSessions: Connect with students online to maintain brand presence on campus, share hiring needs and connect in groups or 1:1 with interested candidates.
- Handshake can be utilized as normal
- Rather than selecting “On-Campus” as the format, select “Virtual”.
- Description should include what student population the virtual event is geared toward, or what positions/functions will be discussed.
- Virtual event requests will be reviewed and approved by our center, but beyond that, you are free to manage the event however you like.
- Virtual event ideas
- Host a virtual InfoSession to discuss opportunities and provide time for Q&A
- Host a webinar to support student development of soft or technical skills
- Host a virtual company tour
- Host virtual group coffee chats
- Virtual platforms to use
- You are welcome to use your preferred system to host the event
- As a helpful note, all UW students have access to Zoom, Skype, and Google Hangouts with their UW email addresses.
Requesting an InfoSession
Login to Handshake and click “Create an Event” on the homepage. Complete the form with the following information:
- Format: “Virtual: My company is hosting this event virtually“
- Host School: University of Washington
- Complete the remainder of the form and submit your request
- Please disregard any mention of fees.