ICA is a climate justice coalition of Washington State higher education institutions organizing for universities to cut ties the from fossil fuel industry.
Our public institutions of higher education must model the clean and just transition that’s required to confront the climate crisis and create a future free from carbon emissions.
We are organizing in solidarity to hold WA public institutions of higher education accountable for their current and future climate-altering investments and impacts.
The full ICA demands for higher ed divestment are:
1. Declare the Climate Crisis as an emergency that requires a just response
2. Implement sustainable changes on campus to equitably address the climate crisis
3. Divest all endowments & pensions from fossil fuel investments by 2025
4. Re-invest at least 2.5% of endowments and/or pensions into equitable climate solutions
5. Commit to carbon neutrality by 2030 and zero carbon emissions by 2040
We need YOU or YOUR organization to please SIGN ON TO OUR DEMANDS. With your endorsement, we can further prove that the UW community believes in climate action! Sign at https://tinyurl.com/ICAPetition or go to our Instagram: @ica_uwchapter and check out the bio! https://vimeo.com/539353641