This seminar is designed for UW students and alumni who are planning to apply to graduate health professional programs. Students and alumni will reflect on their experiences and skills in small group discussions, as well as provide and receive feedback on drafts of their application materials.
Currently enrolled students are welcome to enroll in the seminar. Alumni are encouraged to email me at email@example.com to be added to the Canvas site as Observers, so that they can access course content without having to enroll or complete assignments.
Day/Time/SLN: Tuesday, 2:30 – 4:20 PM, 15129
Location: ART 003 and online in Zoom
Instructor: Dan Poux, firstname.lastname@example.org
This seminar is also planned for the spring.
Seminar participants will be able to:
- Identify salient criteria for choosing target schools
- Articulate personal fit with their health profession of interest
- Prepare a compelling application to a health professional program
This is a one-credit seminar graded as Credit/No Credit. Students who score 80 or more points out of a possible 100 points will receive credit. Students’ scores include points for participation and five writing assignments.
- Application processes & timelines
- Identifying your Dependable Strengths
- Writing about your clinical/research/leadership experiences
- Writing the Personal Statement
- Getting Great Letters of Recommendation
- Identifying Target Schools & Demonstrating a Good Fit
- Financing Health Professional School
- Acing the Interview