The Los Angeles LGBT Center is building a world where LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
- Respect. We provide a workplace and service environment where individuality is seen as strength and all people are treated with fairness and dignity.
- Excellence. We dedicate ourselves to the highest quality in all our programs and services, and seek employees, volunteers, and supporters who have a passion for helping others.
- Inclusiveness. We believe in the need for different perspectives and commit ourselves to representation from all members of our diverse community.
- Innovation. We vigorously support pioneering programs and advocacy to meet community needs.
- Integrity. We work together to advance the Center’s mission, and we honor and apply these values in what we do and say.
Since 1969 the Los Angeles LGBT Center has cared for, championed, and celebrated LGBT individuals and families in Los Angeles and beyond.
Today the Center’s nearly 800 employees provide services for more LGBT people than any other organization in the world, offering programs, services, and global advocacy that span four broad categories: Health, Social Services and Housing, Culture and Education, Leadership and Advocacy.
Despite our size, scope, and determination to meet the growing demand for our services, we remain a lean, fiscally disciplined organization, earning a four-star Charity Navigator rating for six consecutive years.
We are an unstoppable force in the fight against bigotry and the struggle to build a better world, a world in which LGBT people can be healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
About the Center Careers
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is a fun, inspiring, and rewarding place to work with staff and volunteers united by a common goal to build a better world in which everyone can be healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are encouraged to apply regardless of your race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/ mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran status, or age.
You are also invited to self-identify if you believe you may be covered by the ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act) and wish to benefit from the protections it offers. Some positions may require enrollment in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 721.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding employee benefits.
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental with a domestic partner option
- An employee assistance program
- An optional 403(b) retirement program
- A credit union/ automatic deposit option
- Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- 12 days paid vacation during first year of employment
- 10 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year
- Supplemental term life insurance