Greetings and thank you for your interest in the Peace Corps. Jessica Phares is University of Washington’s Strategic Peace Corps Recruiter for the 2021-2022 academic year. She did her Peace Corps service in the Health Sector in Madagascar from 2017-2019. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be hosting drop-ins for students interested in learning more about the Peace Corps in our suite (134 MGH) from 10:30 to 11:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for the fall quarter.
If you are unable to make the drop-in sessions, please email her the time that you would like to meet.
Virtual Application Workshop on November 3, 2021
Make your application stand out from the rest. Attend this workshop to learn how to browse Volunteer openings, find the right program, and strengthen your application. You will have an opportunity to ask questions about service, learn steps you can take to improve your chances, and gain valuable tips to guide you through the application process.
Register for the workshop using this link.
The Peace Corps is a service opportunity for motivated changemakers to immerse themselves in a community abroad, working side by side with local leaders to tackle the most pressing challenges of our generation.
The Peace Corps Mission:
To promote world peace and friendship by fulfilling three goals:
- To help the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained Volunteers
- To help promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served
- To help promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans
Resources, info, apply online and more:
- Is the Peace Corps right for me?
- Join the ranks of Peace Corps Volunteer 3,100 alumni
- How the UW became #1 for Peace Corps volunteers(June 2015)
Did you know?
- Peace Corps pays for all volunteer expenses including travel to and from your country of service, housing, a stipend for food and incidentals, and comprehensive medical care. Each Volunteer also accrues a readjustment allowance during each month of service and currently $10,000 is awarded to each Volunteer upon completion of their service.
- For the first time in the history of the Peace Corps, applicants can now choose where they serve and what project they will be serving in. Browse specific Volunteer Openings here, or apply to serve where you are needed most.