The University of Washington’s Foster School of Business Career Center and the Career & Internship Center are jointly hosting the 2021 Virtual Business Career Fair! This exciting virtual event allows employers to “meet” UW students and alumni across UW and is a can’t-miss recruiting event.
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Cost: $450 (Corporate); $300 (Non-Profit/Government)
Platform: Handshake’s Virtual Fair Platform
The platform will allow for pre-scheduled 1:1 video chats along with group sessions. Each company’s registration will include:
- Ability for multiple representatives to attend on behalf of your organization.
- Each representative will be able to manage their own 1:1 schedule. These schedules include 10 minute slots with the ability to set student qualifications.
- Each company will be able to host 7 group sessions throughout the event. These sessions can last up to 30 minutes with a limit of 50 attendees in each. To host a larger session, you can create an external video meeting link and host through a separate platform.
- All employer representatives will need to have active Handshake user accounts before they are able to set up 1:1 schedules or participate in group sessions.
- When registering, include any/all contacts you would like to receive communication about the fair.
- Best practice: Include any diversity programs or initiatives your organization might have in the Company Description field to generate awareness.
Handshake’s Materials for Registration and Fair Participation:
Handshake is creating comprehensive training content to assist with employers’ registration, scheduling, and day-of participation. Review some helpful resources here:
Comprehensive Guide – Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
Virtual Career Fairs – Quick Start Guide
Virtual Career Fairs – A Playbook for Employers on Handshake
Video – How to Set a Schedule for a Virtual Fair
Individual Help Articles:
Haven’t registered yet? You can do so on Handshake!
Questions? Contact email@example.com.