The University of Washington’s Foster School of Business Career Center and the Career & Internship Center are jointly hosting the 2020 Virtual Business Career Fair! This exciting virtual event allows employers to “meet” more than 1,500 students and alumni across UW and is a can’t-miss recruiting event.
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Cost: $400 (Corporate); $250 (Non-Profit/Government)
Platform: Handshake’s Virtual Fair Platform
The platform will allow for pre-scheduled 1:1 video chats along with group sessions. Each company’s registration will include:
- Up to 15 participating representatives from your organization
- Each representative will be able to create their own 1:1 schedule. These schedules include 10 minute slots with the ability to set student qualifications.
- Each company will be able to host 8 group sessions throughout the event. These sessions can last up to 30 minutes with a limit of 50 attendees in each.
- All employer representatives will need to have active Handshake user accounts before they are able to set up 1:1 schedules or participate in group sessions.
- Representative names, 1:1 schedules, and group sessions do not need to be set now. You may log back in to complete or add to this information between now and the close of registration (September 18, 2020).
- When registering, include any/all contacts you would like to receive communication about the fair.
Handshake’s Materials for Registration and Fair Participation:
Handshake is creating comprehensive training content to assist with employers’ registration, scheduling, and day-of participation. We will be adding links to those materials to this page as they become available. Review some helpful resources here:
Comprehensive Guide – Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
Virtual Career Fairs – A Playbook for Employers on Handshake
Video – How to Set a Schedule for a Virtual Fair
Training Webinar – Handshake Virtual Career Fair Training for Employers
Handshake Virtual Fair Office Hours – sign up here
UW Handshake Virtual Fair Best Practices – find document here
Individual Help Articles:
Haven’t registered yet? You can do so on Handshake! Employer registration closes on September 30, 2020.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.