Our doors are closed, but we’re still eager to support you!
FAQs Related to COVID 19 + Career:
Connect with Our Team:
- Virtual reception operations – 206.543.0535 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Resume Review – get resume feedback over email
- Email a coach – send a quick question to one of our coaches – CJ, Dan, Dawn, & Eli
- Virtual appointments – connect with one of our coaches via Zoom or phone
- Virtual drop-ins (starting March 30)
- Webinars (we’ll be offering 27 webinars during spring term)
Explore Pathways, Purpose, & Passion:
- Pathway U: Take an online assessment to help get clarity on potential majors and career paths
- Vault Guides help you explore careers, industries and more from the comfort of your couch
- Candid Career has 7,000 short video clips of professionals sharing the ins and outs of their industry, field, and position
- WOIS/The Career Information System has assessments, career descriptions, and more
- Interest Community pages have advice, videos, alumni stories and resources related to 7 career interest areas
Enhance Your Marketability
- Build skills – employers hire for skills and are open-minded about where/how students gained them
- Get experience – we have lots of great resources on internships and hope to have additional tips soon
- Build relationships – through LinkedIn, virtual Huskies @ Work, virtual career conversations, and more
Prepare for the Job & Internship Search:
- Ask Me Anything Series – every two weeks, join employers or members of the Career & Internship Center staff as they share insights and answer your questions on a variety of relevant topics.
- Short video clips on how to write resumes, interview, network, job search etc.
- Resources like resume samples, interview guides, salary negotiation tips, and more
- Resume samples and advice from our Career Guide
Connect with Employers & Alumni:
- Check out our web page for ideas and opportunities to engage with employers virtually – we may not be hosting on-campus recruiting activities, but there are plenty of great ways to connect virtually.
- Handshake (still!) has thousands of internship and job postings locally, domestically, and abroad
- Virtual Resume Books – Looking for internships or full-time jobs? Check out our virtual resume books! On Handshake, submit your resume to any of our 14 resume books, categorized by interest community and job type. As employers contact us with hiring needs, we can pass along your resume. Log in to your Handshake account, navigate to “Jobs,” and enter “resume book” in the search field.
- GoinGlobal – a resource particularly useful for international students who want to find work in their home countries.
We know this is an uncertain time. We will miss being on our beautiful campus, we will miss seeing you walk into our office, and we know many of you may be concerned about your families, friends, or what the Spring Quarter will bring. The Counseling Center is offering tele-health and resource options for students who want to chat, and have also created a useful handout on how to cope with stress caused by Covid-19.