We have adapted our services and operations based on the latest COVID-19 public health guidance and will continue to prioritize the well-being of students and the UW community above all else. We are preparing for all scenarios for autumn quarter, including in-person services as possible, and anticipate being able to fully serve students this fall. Please check back regularly for updates.
FAQs Related to COVID 19 + Career:
Connect with Our Team:
- Virtual reception operations – 206.543.0535 and email@example.com
- Online Resume Review – get resume feedback over email
- Email a coach – send a quick question to one of our coaches – CJ, Dan & Eli
- Virtual appointments and mock interviews – connect with one of our coaches via Zoom or phone
- Courses (fall, winter, spring)
DIY Resources – Find Purpose
- Pathway U: Take an online assessment to help get clarity on potential majors and career paths
- Vault Guides help you explore careers, industries and more from the comfort of your couch
- Candid Career has 7,000 short video clips of professionals sharing the ins and outs of their industry, field, and position
- WOIS/The Career Information System has assessments, career descriptions, and more
- Interest Community pages have advice, videos, alumni stories and resources related to 7 career interest areas
- Explore our new Find Purpose page to access additional resources
DIY Resources – Enhance Your Marketability
- Build skills – employers hire for skills and are open-minded about where/how students gained them
- Choose from over 15,000 skill-building videos on LinkedIn Learning; free, courtesy of the Student Tech Fee
- Get experience
- Build relationships
DIY Resources – Tell Your Story
- Our new Tell Your Story pages have brief instructional videos, handouts, recorded webinars, and samples to help you with resumes, cover letters, interviews, and your LinkedIn profile.
Connect with Employers
- Check out our web page for ideas and opportunities to engage with employers virtually
- Handshake (still!) has thousands of internship and job postings locally, domestically, and abroad
- GoinGlobal – a resource particularly useful for international students who want to find work in their home countries.
- Additional resources can be found on our Find Success page
- Looking for support on how to access technology or wifi to support virtual fair or interview participation this fall? Click here for ideas.
We know this is an uncertain time. We will miss being on our beautiful campus, we will miss seeing you walk into our office, and we know many of you may be concerned about your families, friends, or what the coming months will bring. The Counseling Center is offering tele-health and resource options for students who want to chat, and have also created a useful handout on how to cope with stress caused by Covid-19.