Where to Access Laptops & Wifi
Are you participating in virtual interviews or virtual career fairs, but aren’t sure how to access tech, wifi or quiet space?
Our friends at UW Libraries compiled great resources to support Huskies in gaining access to technology and wifi, which we’re happy to share with you here:
- Access to computers and Wifi
- Computers and equipment:
- UW Student Technology Loan Program allows currently registered students to borrow laptops, projectors, cameras and more for free.
- Eduroam network at UW and other universities/colleges: UW students, faculty, and staff can use Wi-Fi on UW campuses or any campus that uses Eduroam, the preferred secure, encrypted Wi-Fi network. You can log in if you are near UW or any other university/college campus that uses this network.
- Other local options:
- low cost internet access for Seattle city residents;
- public drive-in Wi-Fi locations across Washington State;
- other free and low cost Wi-Fi resources compiled by King County Library System.
- More info: IT at the UW – Student Quick-Start Guide
- Computers and equipment:
- Access to quiet/private space for interviews:
- The Career & Internship Center has individual spaces available for virtual interviews or career fair participation, available Monday – Friday between 9:30am and 4:30pm. Request a room here.
- The HUB is offering a bookable space for activities like interviews.
- Your department may have spaces or suggestions for quiet space – check in with a departmental adviser.
Once you’ve got your tech questions sorted out, still wondering how to make the most of your upcoming virtual interview or virtual career fair?
- Virtual Interviews: Check out a variety of tips about interviews generally, and virtual interviews specifically, here: https://careers.uw.edu/tell-your-story/interviews/
- Mock interviews: Connect with a Career Coach to conduct a mock interview to get tips and advice on everything from your interview answers to the background in your video feed and more! Learn more by clicking here.
- On-demand interview tools to help you prepare and practice:
- Webinars and other snackable content to support your interview or virtual career fair prep on our YouTube channel
- Virtual Career Fairs: The Fall’s major career fairs will be hosted through the Handshake platform. Check out some great tips on maximizing the Handshake Virtual Career Fair experience by clicking here. Career Fair RSVP generally won’t open until September – looking for something to do in the meantime? Make sure that your Handshake profile is accurate, up-to-date and ready to go! It will be key to your career fair experience.
Questions? Contact email@example.com