Where to Access Laptops & Wifi
Are you participating in virtual interviews or virtual career fairs this Fall, but aren’t sure how to access technology or wifi?
Our friends at UW Libraries, compiled great resources to support Huskies in gaining access to technology and wifi, which we’re happy to share with you here:
- Access to computer labs or laptops:
- The UW Student Technology Loan Program allows currently registered students to borrow laptops, projectors, cameras and more for free.
- See also UW COVID Autumn Quarter FAQ: in the section titled: Preparing for Online Learning/Options for Students Who Do not Have Technology at Home.
- There are many non-profit organizations that help students and low-income individuals get access to devices. The King County Library System created a helpful list of technology assistance programs.
- Access to WiFi:
- Students, faculty, and staff can use wifi on UW campus or via any campus that uses Eduroam, a secure, encrypted Wi-Fi network that is the preferred Wi-Fi connection method for UW students, faculty and staff. If you are near UW or any other university/college campus that uses this network, you should be able to connect.
- We know access to stable and strong wifi is essential for daily tasks and remote learning. There are options for low cost internet access for Seattle city residents and public drive-in WiFi locations across Washington State
- Printing on campus:
Once you’ve got your tech questions sorted out, still wondering how to make the most of your upcoming virtual interview or virtual career fair?
- Virtual Interviews: Check out a variety of tips about interviews generally, and virtual interviews specifically, here: https://careers.uw.edu/tell-your-story/interviews/
- Virtual Career Fairs: The Fall’s major career fairs will be hosted through the Handshake platform. Check out some great tips on maximizing the Handshake Virtual Career Fair experience by clicking here. Career Fair RSVP won’t open until later in September – looking for something to do in the meantime? Make sure that your Handshake profile is accurate, up-to-date and ready to go! It will be key to your career fair experience.
- Stay tuned for details on additional Fall Quarter resources, workshops and preparatory events to get you career fair-and-interview-ready!
Questions? Contact email@example.com