Vault Career Guide to Hospitality
The hospitality industry offers a vast range of employment opportunities, but all positions, from bellhops to executive managers, share the same goal: providing high-quality food and lodging services. Whether it’s a soothing environment for relaxation, a place where business people can stay while conducting meetings, or a creative menu that caters to specific tastes, hospitality workers must meet their customers’ needs and expectations round the clock. Friendly, organized, and detail-oriented people thrive in this business. Projected to grow in the next several years, this dynamic industry offers unique possibilities for career success. Are you up to the challenge?
The Vault Career Guide to Hospitality provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in and how to advance your career. Whether your goal is to become a chef at a four-star restaurant or to manage your own bed and breakfast, this guide can help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it and where it’s going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.