Vault Career Guide to Health Care Management, Third Edition
Health care management, also known as health care administration, encompasses a wide range of jobs in a variety of organizations, such as hospitals, group medical practices, physician offices, government agencies, and other health organizations. Health care managers ensure the delivery of high-quality health care and help develop public policy regarding access to and paying for care. The field has evolved over the last 50 years and continues to grow and change as the health care delivery system becomes more complex and regulated. Health care managers hold a diverse range of occupations from hospital network directors and health care department heads to nursing home administrators and public health supervisors.
The Vault Career Guide to Health Care Management, Third Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in and how to advance your career. Whether your goal is to manage an entire hospital, open your own medical office or coordinate an adult day care facility, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it and where it’s going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.