Vault Career Guide to Education, Third Edition
Nearly one in four Americans is an enrolled student at any given time. As a result of this great demand for talented teachers, education is the United States’ second largest industry, and the different career tracks within education are as varied as the national population of its students. People who become educators often have a desire to make a difference in the lives of others by helping students grasp a challenging concept or capturing their imagination and curiosity. Successful teachers are dedicated to achieving this goal and believe in the power of education to transform students’ lives. Education, however, has become more demanding in recent years, requiring better preparation, greater professional development, and the ability to keep student needs in focus amidst growing bureaucracy. The Vault Career Guide to Education, Third Edition can help aspiring teachers navigate their way into the classroom.
The Vault Career Guide to Education, Third Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether you seek a job as a teacher or in one of the many related careers that help prepare students for success, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Basics: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, who works in it, and the pros and cons of pursuing a career in the field.
- Making Connections: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, and getting in the door.
- Careers in This Industry: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.