UW HR Student Employee Policies
University of Washington Human Resources provides guidance on the procedures & process of hiring UW student employees. This page includes information on:
- Employment Eligibility & Monitoring
- Compensation Information
- Work Hour Limits
- Hourly Pay Requirements, Work Records, and Overtime
Hiring Managers should also review the UW Employment and Administrative Policy on Student Employees and the Background Check Process for student employee hiring.
For any questions regarding the student hiring process, contact your divisional HR Consultant listed on this organizational chart.
Student Employee Trainings
- Addressing Discrimination & Harassment
- Violence Prevention & Response Training
- Reporting Suspected Child Abuse & Neglect
- Asbestos Awareness Training
In addition, the following trainings may apply to your student employee roles.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Food Handlers
- UndocU Ally – fee based
- Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Courses – fee based
The Division of Student Life has a list of trainings around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace for staff, faculty and students.