Post a Job or Internship – Campus Departments
To post jobs or internships you’ll need to create an Employer account on Handshake, our centralized job and internship board platform. This service is available to all employers completely free of charge!
If your department already has a Handshake employer account, login here.
Otherwise, please follow these steps to create your employer account and start posting opportunities:
1. Navigate to https://uw.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
2. Please be sure to use your ‘@uw.edu’ email address to register the account!
3. On the next page, please enter recruiting interests and Alma Mater information
4. On the next page, please select ‘No’ to indicate you are NOT a third party recruiter, then click ‘Next: Confirm Email’. You will be sent a confirmation email by Handshake to verify your email address.
5. Once you’ve received this email, click the ‘Confirm Email’ button to verify the account
6. Once your email address has been confirmed, you will be connected to Handshake.
7. Hooray! You’ve now created a Handshake user account. Now that you are a user, you’ll need to connect yourself with a company. In this case, your ‘company’ is your UW Department! You can either:
Connect to your UW Department’s employer account (if it already exists in the Handshake network of employers) by searching for your department name and clicking ‘Request’ next to the employer name, or
Create an employer account for your UW Department (if one does NOT already exist within the Handshake network of employers) by clicking the ‘Create New Company’ button. When creating a UW-affiliated Employer account, PLEASE use the following naming conventions:
- ‘University of Washington, Department of…’
- ‘University of Washington, Office of…’
- ‘University of Washington Alumni Association…’
- ‘University of Washington Human Resources…’, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you create an Employer account for your UW Department, please note that you will be the ‘owner‘ of the account and will need to approve any UW colleagues requesting to join your UW Department’s employer account moving forward!
8. Once you are either connected to or have created an Employer account for your department in Handshake, click on the ‘Schools’ tab on the left hand side navigation pane of your homepage.
9. On the next page, click the ‘+Add More Schools’ button located next to the search bar:
10. On the following page, type in the ‘University of Washington – Seattle/Bothell’ into the search bar and then select the plus sign next to it to submit your request to connect:
A member of our staff will review and approve your request to connect. Once you are connected to the University of Washington, you are able to log into your Handshake account and begin posting on-campus jobs immediately.
The folks at Handshake have developed some incredible resources to assist you in getting acquainted with their platform! Please feel free to use the Handshake Help Center Employer resources for FAQ, submitting job postings, creating an event announcement and more.
If you have any additional questions about the platform, please feel free to email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.