Effectively managing your interns will reap substantially benefits for your students, managers, and ultimately, your organization. Utilize the resources below to maximize the student experience in your internship and provide your managers with the tools they need to support their interns.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Explore our Diversity & Inclusion Toolkit for employers, specifically our resources on Onboarding and Retention
- We recommend fostering an inclusive culture so that all your employers, interns or otherwise, can thrive in your organization.
The Intern Experience
- Internships are inherently learning experiences and our resource on Developing Learning Goals can help specify the what the goals and outcomes of the internship should be.
- A good internship experience can be a high-impact educational experience for students and our resource on Creating High Impact Experiences can help your program achieve these results.
- Our webinar on How to Be an Awesome Intern Manager has additional tips and resources for improving your management practices. Sign up for our next session or watch a recording on our Employer Education Webinars page.
Resources and Templates
- Advice Videos from Students and Intern Managers
- Learning Agreement Template
- Intern Work Plan Template
- Intern Feedback Check-In Template – Manager Version
- Intern Feedback Check-In Template – Intern Version
- Intern Performance Evaluation Template – Manager Version
- Intern Performance Evaluation Template – Intern Version