Skip to main nav
Researching Law Schools
- Using LSAC, research and evaluate law schools, their admission process, and the field(s) of laws that a law school may specialize in
- Use to the LSAC UGPA/LSAT Search tool to determine LSAT score and GPA needed to be competitive for the schools you are interested in. Or, where you stand with your current GPA and LSAT score.
- Reflect on which law schools may be the best fit for you based on interest(s)/program(s), location, demographic and ranking
- Research the Student Experience of each law school you are interested in to gain insight from student perspectives and stay up to date with the work and issues students are working on.
- The Wilson-Stern Book of Law School Lists – A massive (searchable) guide of legal education programs in the U.S., including joint degree programs, areas of specializations, and clinic opportunities
- AccessLex- Max Pre-Law Tool – MAX Pre-Law is part of AccessLex Institute’s commitment to improving access, affordability, and value of legal education. It was designed by a team of JDs, financial aid experts, law school admissions professionals and experienced pre-law advisors, with the aim of giving clear, unbiased, actionable information to support aspiring law students. And, this suite of resources is meant to be useful to people with different learning styles and preferences.
- AccessLex- XploreJD– a free, online search tool offering aspiring law students a data-based approach to finding law schools that best meet their criteria. By answering questions for six primary factors in the law school decision-making process—Location, Cost, Enrollment, Diversity, Curriculum and Outcomes—and prioritizing the attributes that will most impact their decision, they can, with the help of XploreJD’s proprietary algorithm, build a list of potential law school options that fit what they want and need in your law school experience.
- AccesLex- Analytix– puts law school data into clear and accessible formats, allowing you to readily analyze, research and compare law school-specific information. It also puts the power to benchmark various law schools, display trends, gain crucial insights and fuel independent research right in the hands of those who need it
- U.S. News Law Admissions Lowdown– provides advice to prospective students about the law school application process, LSAT prep and potential career paths
- U.S. News- Best Law Schools Ranked
- How I Compare– A cloud based recruitment platform for students to identify their best fit law schools for which to apply
- Law School Transparency- Advocacy group whose aim is to make information about law school costs and employment data more readily accessible and comprehensible for individuals considering legal careers.