Recruiting a robust, diverse candidate pool is an important step in finding the right intern for your organization. The resources below will help you get your internships in front of talented UW students and attract good-fit applicants.
- Recruiting Candidates
- Writing Internship Position Descriptions
- Why You Should Post to HuskyJobs
- In your position description, include a section on what interns can expect to learn.
- Think broadly about what majors might have the skill set you desire.
- Try to post your internship 3-4 months before you want an intern to start, but be aware that summer intern recruitment in some disciplines (such as tech, engineering, accounting, finance, and consulting) often happens in autumn.
- Offer pay to help attract a candidate pool up to 4 times larger than if you do not offer pay; increase the investment of all involved; and ensure that students from all backgrounds have equitable access to internships. For-profit employers should offer pay unless they can meet DOL Guidelines.