Skip to main nav
Medical School Application & MCAT Prep Resources
- Pre-Med Calendar- This calendar provides dates and important deadlines for all the AAMC Premed Services. Click on any item to get more information or add an event to your own calendar! View the instructional pages to subscribe to a specific calendar for immediate updates.
- Anatomy of an Applicant- Medical schools consider more than your grades and scores. There are 15 Core Competencies that demonstrate your preparedness for medical school. To show how successful applicants have demonstrated these competencies in many different ways, we interviewed real medical students, their pre-health advisors, and the admission officers who accepted them.
- The Core Competencies for Entering Medical Students
- Self-Assessment Guide- Anatomy of an Applicant resources and self-assessment guide for medical school applicants
- Understanding the Process – There are a lot of steps to applying to medical school and the AAMC has resources to guide you through the process.
- Getting Into Medical School: AAMC Resources for Premed Students- Download PDF
- Subscribe to Pre-Med Navigator- The AAMC Premed Navigator is a newsletter that includes information, resources, tips, and more to help you on your path to medical school–delivered right to your inbox each month.
- Fee Assistance Program- The AAMC Fee Assistance Program assists those who, without financial assistance, would be unable to take the Medical College Admission Test® (MCAT®), apply to medical schools that use the American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®), and more
- 2020 Fee Assistance Program Essentials- Understanding the 2020 Fee Assistance Program Essentials is the first step in applying.
- Guidelines for Writing a Letter of Evaluation for a Medical School Applicant- The guidelines are intended to enhance the letter-writing process by providing a general framework of best practices and relevant content for letter writers. These guidelines are optional and can be applied to different types of letters of evaluation, including individual and committee letters.