The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is hiring 4 field technicians to conduct surveys for wolverines. Positions will start on October 1, 2021, run through April 30, 2022, and be based out of Lander or Pinedale. Surveys include substantial hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, and snowshoeing throughout high-elevation habitats in the winter to deploy and maintain remote cameras coupled with bait and lure. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to equipment maintenance, data entry, and photo identification.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4521 firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Follow approved protocols to conduct surveys for wolverines, including deploying remote cameras and collecting genetic samples.
- Follow approved bear safety protocols while setting and pulling remote cameras.
- Safely navigate and travel in remote backcountry locations in winter conditions.
- Collect, enter, and proof data with close attention to detail, including identifying photos of species.
- Organize, maintain, and repair field equipment, including gathering and processing bait.
- Communicate with various individuals, including state and federal agency personnel, to coordinate and schedule surveys.