Work located in Pierce County.
Are you excited about leading a 6–8-week youth program? Do you have a passion for youth development and have some interesting program expertise? Photography, art, 3-D printing, cooking, drones, robotics, small pets, dogs, cats, writing, music, drumming, dance, or ???? Then this WSU internship is for You! WSU Pierce County Extension 4-H is hiring multiple positions in 2022 for all experience levels. These positions are designed explicitly for friendly individuals who could benefit from a part-time, flexible work environment. Various sites are available throughout Pierce County. Mostly afterschool hours but could work during the day with home school groups or weekends. Groups generally only meet once per week, 1-2 hours for 6 to 8 weeks. With training, prep and class time it is around 50 hours of work. Can work one session or multiple.
The position works with the Washington State University Pierce County Extension 4-H team to design the class. All program areas focus on increasing social emotional skills in youth and work to have equity and access for all.
- Candidates have experience with youth work.
- It is preferred that candidates have prior experience in a content area, but not necessary.
- Work well with others to build trust within a team, and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Able to pass a background check and other online and in-person training as required.
- Commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.