Part-Time Sales/Marketing Intern in Embedded Security
wolfSSL is a Seattle-based tech startup set on changing how the world secures the Internet of Things. We currently secure over 2 billion connections for some of the world’s biggest names such as Apple and Microsoft, and offer a full suite of open-source embedded security solutions across Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial IoT, Medical, and Connected Home verticals, to name a few.
We are hiring a part-time Sales/Marketing intern to work at headquarters in Edmonds, WA. The right candidate will be passionate about engineering, cryptography, embedded security or cybersecurity in addition to demonstrating marketing skills. He/She must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as with a project team to complete tasks. Strong organization and time management is required, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferably in Junior or Senior year of college, as this position has the potential to become full-time with mutual interest.
As an Intern, you will be supporting cutting-edge industry, while learning fundamental sales and marketing skills. You will be working in an incredibly fast-moving business, and have the opportunity to make valuable contributions.
This is a paid internship ($18 per hour). Hours are flexible and anticipated to be up to 20 hours per week.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Assist with advertising and marketing promotional activities including social media, mobile, mail, e-mail, web, telemarketing, and print.
- Supporting trade show events (pre-show outreach, logistics).
- Assist with search engine optimization strategies.
- Work with various databases, including Salesforce.
- Draft client communications, content for blogs, website, and social media.
- Coordinate projects both in the office and via conference call.
- Provide competitive research and analysis support.
- Help with collection and synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data from client marketing campaigns.
- Conduct research to help the team form hypothesis and identify opportunities for analysis.
An Ideal Candidate Will
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Have a passion for technology and social media insights
- Be an exceptional communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Have the ability to work successfully with people face-to-face as well as on the phone or over email
- Have competence with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Be collaborative, and comfortable working as a team as well as independently, with guidance
- Be able to work with ambiguity and not afraid to ask questions
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Google AdWords or Analytics
- Strong knowledge of SEO