During the course of 10 weeks, select junior and senior level students from choice universities will be afforded the unique opportunity to Intern at Wizards of the Coast. Over the course of the summer internship period, interns will engage with the Wizards brand and will gain relevant field experience through day-to-day training, hands-on projects, exposure to executives, individual development planning and mentorship, interactive classes focused on better understanding the Magic and D&D brands as well as external events in the beautiful and thriving city of Seattle.
As the Video Art Director Intern, you will be working with the Creative team and be responsible for supporting the development of Video Advertising using a combination of Art, Storytelling, and Filmmaking techniques.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly with the Video Art Director on a variety of projects
• Collaborate with Magic R&D and Brand teams to bring life to new worlds
• Contribute to the development of concepts that achieve marketing objectives
• Select, curate, commission art for use in video productions
• Develop storyboards
• Sketch set designs
• Help pitch ideas to internal clients
• Working toward a BA/BFA degree in in a relevant program (Art Direction, Advertising, Visual Communications, Design, Cinema).
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially:
o After Effects
• Appreciation for fine art
• Ability to sketch/draw.
• Knowledge of the nuts-and-bolts of storytelling
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous freelance/studio work a plus
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in a dynamic environment.
• Comfortable with constructive feedback and critique
• Good communications, written and verbal.
• Well-organized, good at time management.
• Detail-oriented with a passion for quality.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.