Western National Mutual Insurance Company seeks to expand its Underwriting team by adding an Underwriting Personal Lines Intern. Our company growth, combined with our focus on innovation, transformation, and investments in the customer experience are key drivers supporting the expansion of our team. Our Underwriting team takes great pride in helping our customers in their time of need. This is an excellent opportunity to provide exceptional service to our customers in the underwriting handling process.
The full hiring range for this role is: $19.30-$27.00/hourly; however, the base pay offered for this position will begin at $20.00/hour. Candidates outside of the range listed above are encouraged to apply and will be considered based upon their individual qualifications and/or may be considered for other positions.
Does this interest you?
- Are you looking to jump start your career in Underwriting?
- A flexible work schedule (hybrid in the school year and full time in the summer)
- Directly assisting the Underwriting team with a wide range of projects related to data collection, entry, and resolutions
You will contribute by:
- Learning insurance industry terms, goals, challenges, and business communication skills
- Partnering with underwriting and other departments to modify renewal business as needed
- Assessing replacement cost value for property business and insure adequate limits are in place
- Update policies when incoming communication outlines a change in risk
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Completed 2-3 years of college
- Willingness to focus for extended periods of time
- Proven project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and establish/meet deadlines
- An understanding of various technology applications
More About Western National Mutual Insurance Company
We ARE The Relationship Company®! We are successful because we differentiate ourselves through exceptional service and the customer experience. WE are here for our policyholders and independent agents in their time of greatest need. Whether it be commercial property/casualty insurance or personal home, auto, and/or property insurance, we have policy coverage to protect what’s most important. Our super-regional footprint in the Midwest, northwest and Alaska extends our reach and expands our network.
Western National is a growing, A+ rated group of property/casualty insurance companies serving individuals, families, and businesses in 20 states across the Midwest and Northwest U.S., including Alaska. Some of the recognition we’ve received includes:
- 2022/2021 Star Tribune Top Workplace
- Wards Top 50 performing Property/Casualty Insurance Company – 13 consecutive years
- 37th largest private company by revenue in Minnesota (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal)
- Wellness by Design Platinum +Green Award (Hennepin County)
Western National is known as The Relationship Company® and caring for our employees is a part of that relationship commitment. We offer competitive pay, robust wellbeing programs, and a healthy work-life balance. These attributes are just some of the reasons why nearly half of our employees have chosen to stay with us for 10 or more years. Check out our website (https://www.wnins.com/careers/index.shtml) for additional information about our company and the many reasons to work with Western National Insurance Group