Application Scientist, Marketing
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Looking to use your scientific background, analytical expertise and superb technical writing skills to promote first-class products? Then Wyatt Technology is looking for you! After all, you’re a detail-oriented and skilled scientific technical writer who can create content and produce technical materials promoting our analytical instrumentation and techniques in a way prospective customers can understand and follow. You’ll be able to strike a fine balance between the sales and technical content, while bringing our product benefits and features front and center. As a key member of the marketing team, you will be responsible for all marketing communications, product documentation and technical presentation content. As an Application Scientist you’ll use your analytical expertise to create data-driven resources and be part of a team whose mission is to delight our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create, produce and organize technical marketing content including website content, application notes, white papers, brochures, posters, publications, newsletters, webinars and more.
- Manage and oversee all technical marketing material and present the benefits of Wyatt products clearly to our scientific customers with a balance of technical and sales/marketing materials.
- Produce and manage our calendar of monthly webinars, researching appropriate customer speakers and applications, preparing abstracts and slides, as well as presenting relevant content when needed.
- Maintain the application note and white paper database, identifying topics and applications for new materials and preparing and creating these articles.
- Identify and curate topics on which application material should be collected, collaborating with other departments and colleagues to obtain material and create data files.
- Prepare and present application material in a variety of venues, such as our on-site Light Scattering University® training course for new customers, virtual and in-person user meetings and workshops, industry conferences as well as trade shows.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- MS degree or Ph.D. (preferred) in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemical engineering or related field
- Coursework or 3+ years’ experience in scientific technical writing
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, editing and narrative skills with the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easy to understand with text and graphics
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a scientific analytical instrumentation audience, including prospective customers and current instrument users
- Flexible, positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges
- Strong self-motivation with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience with Wyatt light scattering instruments and applications highly preferred