DNR is seeking nine Forest Engineering Interns to work directly with our engineering staff to provide expertise on roads, stream crossings, and harvest system analyses. Our ideal candidates have an interest in industrial forestry or natural resources, want to push themselves to learn new skills, have a strong aptitude for problem-solving, and want to apply their skills in an outdoor environment.
The internship program is designed to give students valuable networking possibilities, and educational and real-world experience in a variety of duties. As a DNR intern you'll assist with or directly produce projects to manage our forest-road infrastructure, support decisions on timber sales, and design repairs for fish barriers. Actual job duties will vary by location and may include:
• Road location survey and design.
• Road inventory and assessment.
• Timber sale reconnaissance.
• Timber sale layout.
• Harvest system analysis.
• Bridge and culvert site survey.
• Fish passage structure design.
• Construction compliance.
• GIS and GPS mapping techniques.
• Multi-discipline exposure and communication.