VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware End-User Computing (EUC) solutions empower the digital workspace by simplifying app and access management, unifying endpoint management and transforming Windows delivery. Explore EUC solutions, technical guides and demos to meet end-user expectations and drive digital transformation. Work securely from any device or location. Leverage a single platform to manage all apps and devices. Manage Windows 10 PCs, regardless of location or ownership. Learn more here: https://www.vmware.com/it-priorities/empower-digital-workspace.html
VMware Product Managers work hand in hand with engineers and other stakeholders across the company. We are looking for a passionate technology leader and entrepreneurial mind to help innovate in the areas of Zero Trust and Security. We are on a mission to simply and securely deliver and manage any app on any device for any user though our intelligence driven workspace platform. You will have an opportunity to secure the digital workspace for customers, innovate in the areas of Zero Trust and Security, work with best in class engineers, and become part of a truly global and diverse company.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead the ideation and drive the execution of innovative security solutions that are recognized in the industry
- Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in User Stories and requirements documents
- Understand the market competition for the product set and develop product and competitive positioning
- Solve, structure, and turn ambiguous problems into a prioritized set of solutions
- Set goals and vision for the assigned product area, drive consensus and agreement across cross functional and partner teams
- Identify market changes, adaptive challenges, and shifting customers’ demands to adjust product strategy and execution
- Actively participate in sprints, own, manage and groom product backlog, drive and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Pursuing a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing requirements
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- Some experience in product management, or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry.
- Awareness of enterprise security requirements and profiles
- Ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- Self-starter and excellent teammate with experience in a high achievement-oriented environment
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.