Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment delivery and innovation agenda through strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visualization
We are working on Distributed Ledger Technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our team in Foster City, CA or Austin, TX. Work on emerging technologies, partnering with Product on implementation strategy. Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.
In addition, Global Commercial Payments team’s culture is built on the following values:
Put Customers First.
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each other’s Differences
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! You will collaborate and learn with a team of programming experts to solve problems and build technology solutions. We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly-and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas and will have an impact on our customers and our products.
As a Software Engineer :
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and high availability of large scale distributed systems and the query processing engine.
- A bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java, Go-lang or other computer programming languages preferred.
- A year or two of experience in C/C++/Java and experience designing and developing tool architecture preferred.
- A year or two of experience in Kafka Streaming is recommended
- A year or two of experience in Container platform (Docker, Kubernete, Helm Charts deployment etc.) is recommended
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience.
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
- Expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
- Accountability and Ownership
- Bachelors from US universities in Computer Science
- You need to love Coding
- Experience with data pipeline design and large-scale data processing solutions.
- Experience with implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query optimization, query execution, compiler design and implementation.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models.
Why join the engineering team at Visa? Building new Payment Network using Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading Payment platform that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Hyperledger Open Source Project
- Highly-scalable and reliable Payment processing platform that runs at Visa’s scale.
- Disrupt existing broken cross-border payment platform
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.