Via is looking for a Finance Associate be involved in all aspects of the core finance functions at Via, including the month-end financial close, financial reporting, technical accounting research, and preparing and monitoring key operational metrics, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. A successful candidate will be organized and structured in their thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be motivated to take on new and challenging projects, and be a clear communicator.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage finance and accounting projects across Via’s operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole
- Support all aspects of the monthly close, working closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational level
- Scale up the Company’s systems and processes as we continue to expand, playing a large role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures
- Partner cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of organization wide control processes for various functions
Who You Are:
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, and discuss your analysis
- Background in audit or tax at an elite public accounting firm, or experience in an accounting role at a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a similar field of study
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior experience at a large global public accounting firm, or a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Advanced Excel skills
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.