The Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a rotational program with the goal of creating our next Finance Leaders. Through this program, FLDP participants will work in several roles throughout the company, acquiring experience, owning key tasks, advancing leadership skills, and gaining exposure to the top levels of leadership in the organization.
How FLDP Works
The FLDP provides recent college graduates with the opportunity to attain hands on experience in different parts of Finance at a global, multi-billion dollar organization. The program will consist of 3 one year rotations covering different financial disciplines, including:
- External Reporting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- And more!
- Partner with business unit leadership to manage SG&A budget
- Participate in business plan development, including completion of budget models, based on market dynamics and strategic business plans
- Perform monthly variance analysis, prepare monthly forecasts, and conduct ad-hoc investigations to deliver against SG&A cost targets
- Use trend analysis and other tools to identify cost savings opportunities
- Leverage business insights gained in review and analysis to improve business forecasting and the accuracy of business forecasts
- Perform month end accounting tasks to ensure complete, proper & accurate general ledger close in timely manner and all accounting transactions are recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Vertiv policies and procedures
- Assist in research of technical accounting topics as required
- Contribute to the reporting commitments of the finance function to its various stakeholders and internal customers
- Support the complete integrity of Vertiv financial information through vigilant accounting and reporting accuracy
- Review functional activities to identify continuous improvements to the business
- Support the broader mission of the finance and accounting function as needed
Minimum Qualifications: (education, experience level, knowledge, skills, designations/certifications).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, and financial software applications.
- Relevant accounting or finance internship experience
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and being detail-oriented
- Proficiency with Excel and capability to build complex models using multiple data sources;
- Excellent communication and analytic abilities, with a proven track record of working effectively in a team and implementing process solutions with objective, measurable results.
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
(Special conditions required of the job such as travel, driver’s license, and physical working conditions).
- This position is in the company’s headquarters in Columbus, OH. Travel is not required.
Vertiv is a $4 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers’ vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org