When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This entry level role, which is part of the Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm and learn the practical application of your degree concepts. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in a new field through on the job training.
As part of a dynamic and challenging Finance organization, you will help some of the world’s biggest enterprises do business smarter. Joining a team that collaborates and provides solutions – youll be doing more than just working the numbers. You will be given responsibilities for key components of the accounts receivable process, which will allow you to enhance and apply your skills while gaining experience and developing subject matter expertise in a variety of topics. When you work for Verizon in Credit & Collections, we aim to make life easier for our customers and support our employees.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
– Manage collection activity for a portfolio of customer accounts.
– Maintain a high quality of customer accounts while maximizing working capital and minimizing bad debt and reducing churn.
– Direct contact with customers on past due amounts.
– Obtain commitments for payment and work with the customer on billing disputes with assistance from the Sales/Account and Billing Teams as necessary, to ensure prompt resolution.
– Proactively contacting customers and collecting past due balances as well as reconciling payments and completing account research.
– Interact with account teams and various internal departments and will also be responsive to inquiries from Sales, Service and Customers in order to resolve receivable issues.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Management, Organizational Leadership, Sales Operations, Economics, Business IT, Statistics, Math or related major at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2022.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work inWeldon Spring, MO.
Even better if you have:
– Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
– Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).