SLS seeks an hourly undergraduate outreach intern to assist in promoting awareness and usage of SLS resources to UW-Seattle students. The intern will also be responsible for the day to day operations of the SLS office, with the main objective being outreach. This includes but is not limited to: answering general questions, explaining processes, tabling, designing posters/fliers, distributing advertising materials, and giving presentations. SLS is seeking candidates that are resourceful, reliable, engaged, and professional. This position will report to Citlalli Guzman, SLS Legal Assistant. The outreach intern will be working during Winter and Spring quarter and is expected to commit 11 hours a week.
- Design promotional materials, such as fliers, brochures, and posters
- Respond to general inquiries related to all aspects of SLS by phone, email, or in-person communication.
- Collaborate with other UW entities and organizations
- Update the SLS website and social media
- Tabling at campus hot spots and events, and holding presentations
- Scheduling client meetings and other administrative tasks
- Communication skills; oral and written
- Competency in working with diverse populations
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with social media
- Freshman or sophomore status (graduating in 2023 or later)
- Prior outreach experience
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Membership in student communities on campus
- Experience working with students and or adults with disabilities
- Pattern of excellent attendance and punctuality in prior positions
What You Will Gain in this Position:
The intern in this position will have the opportunity to gain interpersonal and office management skills, experience working with legal documents in a law office, a mentor supervisor, as well as learn how to distill information.