Passionate about IA and UX for the web? Enjoy writing for the web and creating clear communications? Want to make an impact by redefining web experiences? Join UW Information Technology (UW-IT), the central IT department for the University of Washington as a student intern with a focus on web redesign work. Dates of internship are: Summer of 2021 through Winter 2022. Position is in the Organizational Development team at UW-IT.
You will benefit from mentorship, guidance and support around the following activities:
- Working on a team to update digital products with a focus on information architecture, concise clear communication, findability and usability
- Creating audience focused web flows
- Researching on existing site content, audience needs, and solution finding
- Project management, building prototypes and giving presentations
- Working with senior leadership members
- Contributing to large-scale projects that reach all of Seattle campus
- Opportunities to make impacts on system processes
- Data entry and optimization
What we are looking for:
Candidates should demonstrate ability to build logical web flows through grounded information architecture, taxonomies, and clear writing. They must be able to communicate an understanding of user experience design, information architecture, website design, and have demonstrated problem solving abilities. Candidates should work well as a member of a team and independently, communicate effectively, exercise good judgment and meet deadlines.
Please tell us what you are passionate about learning in this position in your cover letter.
Demonstrated experience or coursework in design disciplines such as user experience, information architecture, or website design. Interest in; technology, writing for the web, web design, collaboration and learning.
The Organizational Development (OD) Team provides support to the entire UW Information Technology (UW-IT) department.
Job Hours and Pay Rate:
This position is funded for three quarters, roughly 462 hours in total (assuming 14 hours per week for 11 weeks). You may work up to 19 hours a week for 11 weeks (per quarter) at $16.69 per hour. Operating hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
We offer a flexible schedule. Schedules are based upon workload, the applicant’s class schedule and other academic responsibilities. Ideal candidates can commit to the full 3 quarters. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be working 100% remote.