The Integrated Service Center (ISC) supports the University’s faculty, staff, and student workers by serving as the first point of contact for designated HR and Payroll inquiries and by processing a limited scope of centralized Human Capital Management (HCM) transactions (i.e., within the HR, Benefits, and Payroll domains). The hallmarks of the ISC are delivering services that are timely, accurate and highly attuned to the fast-paced university environment.
Reporting to the ISC Technology Manager for Reporting, the reporting and analytics Intern for Reporting will support Tier 3 Application Management functions for the Reporting modules in Workday HCM, a cloud-based human resource management software system. Responsibilities include coordinating with other ISC team members as well as Campus constituents to analyze report needs, documenting requirements and report use case scenarios, and participating in testing/ validation of reporting functionality changes. In performing these duties, the incumbent will analyze business problems and processes to identify functional and non-functional solutions HR/Payroll needs of the University.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Maintain wiki documentation and support data refresh for multiple monthly data visualizations in Tableau
· Build upon current visualizations that analyze and compile ISC analytics on Business Process Transaction completion times and Unit to Unit transit times during Business Process Steps.
· Build upon current visualizations by analyzing business problems and processes to identify solutions supporting the Reporting needs of the University
· Serve as an analyst for assigned HR Business Processes (HRBPs) including analyzing, interpreting, and preparing a visual representation for the University
· Requirements Gathering: Discover and research system requirements from users, customers and stakeholders including coordination with internal ISC Tier resources across the HCM, Benefits, and Payroll spectrum. Includes:
- Identifying KPIs and metrics for report development.
- Identifying source data points leveraging the Workday platform.
- Building workday reports relevant to metrics and important for analysis.
· Documentation: Create and maintain functional team deliverables, including ensuring cross-functional documentation consistency and facilitating deliverable review
· Analysis: Understand how business requirements can be configured in reports and convert functional design needs into report design documentation
· Data: Provide a cross-functional understanding of data, support in the validation of new or revised reports
· Testing: Support the creation of test scenarios and the execution of testing
Skills & Competencies
Current student at University of Washington
Strong orientation to Data and Analytics is a must
• Solid technical skills including knowledge of and working experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPivot, Power Query, Power BI, and SharePoint.
• Detail oriented and ability to understand trade-off between using one metric over another
• Experience working with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI)
• Design, code, test, and maintain BI reporting, visualization, dashboards, and analytics objects using industry best practices.
• Demonstrated Data Visualization skills (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
• Proactive and independent approach to critical thinking
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with limited direction
• Ability to learn new analytics technology tools (ex. Tableau, Workday PRISM, etc.).
• Experience with Lean, Agile, Scrum, and/or Kanban Methodologies
• Working experience executing relevant business processes at the University of Washington and/or other education environments