Productivity Tools Instructor – Student Position
The Productivity Tools Instructor will develop, schedule, promote, and teach workshops covering the use of tools such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Collaborative Applications, and Google Apps. Workshops that have been previously offered include: Beginning and Intermediate Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, Beginning R and R-Studio, and Google Apps. After workshops, the instructor will answer clients’ questions by email and schedule individual consultations as needed.
The position is located on the Seattle campus and offers a highly flexible schedule, great opportunities to develop technological expertise and skill in teaching, and a great team of co-instructors.
Current workshop schedule and more information here: http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/learn/workshops/
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and teach 10-15 workshops each academic quarter
- Manage and improve the workshop curriculum; develop enhancements and updates
- Respond to client inquiries about using our online ticketing system
- Schedule one-on-one consultations with clients
- Participate in outreach efforts across campus
- Attend and evaluate other instructors’ workshops
- Collaborate with other instructors
- Assist the Learning Technologies team with other business and efficiency needs
Criteria for Selection
- Must be enrolled for 6+ credits at UW
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Google Apps, and Microsoft Collaborative Applications
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Curiosity and self motivation when learning about technology: the ability to teach yourself about new/unfamiliar technologies and then organize and distribute that information effectively in your workshops
- Good people skills and customer service ability
- A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background check will be required prior to hire
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or approved exemption required prior to hire.
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Customer support or any form of other general service experience
- Interest or experience in devising or analyzing audience engagement metrics
- Experience with R, R-Studio, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or other data visualization tools, as well as Microsoft Sharepoint
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position to our dropbox: https://tinyurl.com/uwatiteam22.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.