UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON TREASURY OPERATIONS OFFICE
Background on the University of Washington Treasury Operations Office
Treasury Operations (TOPS) manages financial accounting and operations of the UW investment portfolios through strategic partnerships with the Board of Regents, Advancement, University of Washington Investment Management Company (UWINCO), Asset Liability Management (ALM), donors, alumni, campus schools and colleges, administrative units and students. TOPS strives to provide seamless accounting and operations coupled with excellent customer service to the campus community.
Areas of focus include:
- University’s endowment, operating pools and externally managed trusts
- Life Income Program
- Technology Transfer Portfolio
- Stock Gift Program
To learn more about the Treasury Operations Office, please visit our website at http://f2.washington.edu/treasury/ .
The Accounting Assistant will provide assistance to the TOPS team by working on the quarterly endowment process, creating budgets, setting up files and communicating with campus departments.
This position averages about 9 hours/week. The position will be paid at an hourly rate based on experience, with no academic credit. The anticipated start date of this position will be during the week of June 7, 2021.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Washington with eligibility for student employment
- Outstanding academic record including accounting coursework
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to work with, synthesize, and summarize complex data
- Critical thinker
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Able to work during summer and fall quarters
- Proficiency with Excel and the Microsoft Office suite
Please submit cover letter and resume in Handshake by April 13, 2021. Interviews will be conducted beginning April 14, 2021.