The Husky Union Building (HUB) is a unit within the Division of Student Life. The HUB supports the Husky Experience by Enhancing UW Community, Providing a Dynamic Event Center, and Fostering Student Engagement. HUB Events & Information Services serves as the front desk to the HUB and is responsible for managing meeting rooms and large event spaces in the HUB, providing ticket services, housing campus lost and found and providing general campus information. Event planning services include scheduling, planning and ultimately becoming a partner in more than 5000 events and meetings a year held by student organizations, departments and off campus groups.
HUB Event Services seeks and hourly Event Services Assistant to take responsibility for HUB event and meeting space support for clients utilizing those areas. This includes, but is not limited to: following specific diagrams and procedures to create a client designed event. Will be trained in several Audio/Visual systems to assist clients in event spaces and around the HUB. Maintain high standards of customer service. Will assist in the training of new Event Services Assistants. Maintain time management of several separate events and meetings simultaneously.
As part of our commitment to the student experience, The HUB and the Division of Student Life will review each student employees academic progress via GPA reviews. The intent of these grade checks is to offer our student employees holistic support and connect students to resources and academic support services should the need arise. These reviews will begin after you complete your first quarter of employment. GPA reviews have no impact on your selection for the position or your standing as an employee once you begin employment.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
· Responsible for event and meeting space support.
· Follow specific diagrams and procedures to create client designed events.
· Will be trained on several A/V systems in order to be first responders to any immediate technical issues that arise before, during, and after events.
· Expected to maintain high customer service standards.
· Maintain time management of several separate events and meetings simultaneously.
· Will assist with training of new Event Services Assistants.
· Currently enrolled as a student at the University of Washington with a minimum of 6 credits.
· Currently authorized to work in the US.
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Critical thinking.
· Time management.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Conflict management and resolution.
HUB Event & Information Services hopes to provide student employees with a meaningful work experience. Some intended learning competencies that will be developed in this position include:
· Customer service.
· Time management.
· Critical thinking and problem solving.
· Conflict resolution.
· Attention to detail.
· Event management.
This position will report to Paul Manka, Supervisor of Event Services Operations.
Work hours are varied and on an “as needed’ basis: Monday-Sunday from 7am-Midnight depending on events. Schedules are based on events, class schedule, and other academic responsibilities. Ideal candidates can provide at least one academic year commitment. During academic breaks, hours can increase to 40 hours a week. Maximum working hours during academic sessions is 20 hours per week.
Pay rate is $15.45 an hour.