Student Life is committed to developing and maintaining an inclusive climate that honors the diverse array of students, faculty, and staff. We strive to provide pathways for success and to purposefully confront and dismantle existing physical, social, and psychological barriers for minoritized students and communities. We engage in this work while learning and demonstrating cultural humility.
UW Esports’ foundational pillars are community, career, and competition and is anchored by the HUB Esports Arena & Gaming Lounge, a 1,000 square-foot full-service gaming center supporting casual and competitive gaming and virtual reality. The space serves as the nerve-center and nexus between student communities, interactive media partners, and gaming culture.
The Esports Broadcast Coordinator assists with planning and facilitating a comprehensive video and broadcast program. The position provides support for events and multimedia outreach. In collaboration with the HUB Games Manager and other HUB staff, the Esports Broadcast Coordinator will work to promote UW Esports.
- Manage Twitch video/broadcast program, including content creation, scheduling, and infrastructure
- Assist with technical support, including video/audio equipment, updates, and managing user accounts
- Provide administrative support for UW Esports video/broadcast initiatives
- Support event planning/management and multimedia and outreach
- Ensure UW Esports remains balanced in deliverables regarding community development, academic and career growth opportunities, and standards of competitive excellence
- Collaborate with the HUB professional and student staff, including HUB Games
- Attend and participate in team meetings; attend department trainings
- Maintain communication with the HUB Games Manager for project updates, assignments, and progress reports
- UW student in good academic standing with at least 6 undergraduate or 4 graduate credits
- Knowledge of PC and console gaming, gaming culture/community, and UW campus community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Initiative and the ability to follow-through on projects, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines
- Ability ability to work in a team setting and autonomously
- Ability to work within the philosophy, mission, and purpose of the HUB
- Experience managing video production and live broadcast, such as Twitch
- Experience with graphic design (preferably Adobe Creative Suite)
- Previous and current coursework in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related courses
- Previous or current membership in student government, RSO, or related organizations
- Demonstrated commitment and interest in campus involvement and leadership
- Ability to understand, articulate, and learn issues of social justice and cultural competency
The HUB provides student employees with a meaningful work experience. Some intended learning competencies that will be developed in this position include:
- Articulate thoughts and ideas clearly in written and oral forms to internal/external entities
Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Exercise sound reasoning to analyze issues and make decisions
- Obtain and use knowledge, facts, and data in problem solving process
- Demonstrate effective work habits such as punctuality, teamwork, time management, and integrity
- Use mistakes as learning opportunities
- Leverage strengths of self and others to achieve commons goals
- Mentor and develop others
- Use emotional intelligence to motivate, prioritize, and delegate work
This position reports to the HUB Games Manager.
6-14 hours/week, Monday-Friday (fall, winter, and spring; limited hours available in summer). Occasional evening and weekend hours. Hours vary based on academic breaks, and University Holidays. Schedules are based upon workload, class schedule, and academic responsibilities. Benefits include 5 hours of free pc gaming time for each week of paid work. Ideal candidates can commit to at least one academic year.
As part of our commitment to the student experience, the HUB and the Division of Student Life will review each student interns academic progress via GPA reviews. The intent of these grade checks is to offer our interns holistic support and connect students to resources and academic support services should the need arise. These reviews will begin after you complete your first quarter of employment. GPA reviews have no impact on your selection for the position or your standing as an employee once you begin employment.