The Department of Emergency Medicine has an outstanding opportunity for a temporary Research Study Assistant. This position will be located at Harborview Medical Center.
Innovative Support for Patients with SARS COV-2 Infections Registry (INSPIRE)
INSPIRE is a prospective multi-center observational cohort study of individuals with symptoms of SARSCOV2 and positive and negative index SARSCOV2 tests. This study is designed to expand the knowledge base related to this infection, and produce results that: are expected to be applicable to a larger population beyond the site of data collection or the specific subjects studied.
We will enroll 400 subjects (300 individuals with SARSCOV2 and 100 individuals without SARCOV2). Enrollment will primarily occur over the next 6 months and patients will be followed for 18 months.
Research Student Assistant Job Description
Recruitment of study participants
● Calling eligible participants in English and Spanish
● Emailing and texting eligible participants in English and Spanish
● Updating script translations into Spanish for emails and text messages to participants
● Confirming eligibility of participants through an electronic database
● Documenting all participant contacts in an online electronic database
● Confirming participants have enrolled properly into the online database (i.e. Hugo Health)
● Managing UW INSPIRE email account and text messaging site and responding to participant and enrollment questions, as needed
- Escalating issues to the Research Coordinator (RC), Principal Investigator (PI), or Hugo contact, as needed
- Tracking emails/calls and reporting common issues to RC and PI
● Emailing reminders to participants to complete enrollment process
● Walking participants through enrollment process in English and Spanish
- Including, providing limited assistance to setting up healthcare portals
● Attending weekly “recruitment team” check-ins
- Take minutes of meeting and upload to designated folders
- Assist RC in preparing meeting action items
Additional Research Duties
● Writing drafts for participant communications or other documents needed by the research team
● Assisting in content-creation for study landing pages
● Other administrative work needed by the Clinical Core team
● Ability to conversationally speak, read, and write in Spanish
● Strong computer skills and competency with Microsoft Office software.
● Demonstrated ability to maintain cultural and emotional sensitivity over phone and email
● Familiarity with clinical research.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, under supervision, and be a team player.
● Should be highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and new projects.
● Experience with data entry and databases
● Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize multiple projects.
● Prior research recruitment experience