Are you a current UW-Seattle student interested in seeing what working in industry is really like? Join other UW students and the Career & Internship Center for a Site Visit to a Seattle-based company to see for yourself!
Site Visit Logistics: Trip to the City of Seattle’s Office of Arts & Culture on April 24th, 2019 from 3:00pm-4:30pm.
- Hear from current Office of Arts & Culture employees and have time to ask questions
- Meet with other UW students who share similar interests
- Transportation is not pre-planned; please arrange your own travel
How to Apply
- Be a currently-enrolled UW-Seattle campus undergraduate student who has completed at least 1 quarter at UW.
- Submit a Resume (1 page maximum).
- Submit a document with answers to these questions:
- Why are you interested in visiting the Office of Arts & Culture?
- What do you hope to learn from a site visit to this organization?
- Share one professional, well thought-out question you would like to ask during the visit.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 15th.
- If accepted, commit to attending for the full duration of the site visit
- Apply through Handshake
How Applicants are Selected
Students don’t need to have a definitive career plan or a specific job title in mind, but should be open to a variety of work and have done some preliminary thinking about what they are interested in. Some level of preparation yields more productive conversations with alumni and employers.
Expectations for Participants
- Coordinate your own transportation, arrive early, and stay for the full visit
- Research the Office of Arts & Culture in advance to be familiar with what the employer does
- Prepare professional, appropriate questions to ask during Q&A times during the visit
- Follow any safety guidelines at the company, particularly during any tours of facilities
- Fill out a short survey after completing the visit
Is there a cost? No! This is a free program!
Side note: Transportation to and from the site will not be included in the time allotted. Utilize your HuskyCard with U-PASS to take public transportation.
What will happen on a Site Visit?
Plan for a presentation from Office of Arts & Culture employees and staff, plus time for Q&A, and more! You will receive more detailed information (who we’ll be meeting and a specific list of activities) once accepted into the site visit and closer to the date of the site visit.
Is this a recruiting event?
This isn’t recruiting or interviewing visit – you will have time to hear from current employees, but this will be for informational and learning purposes during the site visit.
What is the site visit cancellation policy?
By registering for this event, you conﬁrm your commitment to attend. The event is limited to a small group of students. Your registration means that another interested student is not able to attend. If you can no longer attend the event, you must cancel your registration by 5:00pm two business days before the event. Not attending the site visit or cancelling less than two days in advance means that you will no longer be able to participate in the Site Visit Program for the remainder of the school year.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.